Me and My Boys

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

You lyin' son-of-a-b*+@#

   
I can tolerate a lot of things, racism, stupidity, poor hygiene, fast talkers, slow thinkers and a few others that slip my mind at the moment, but one thing I can't tolerate is a liar.  Lying has to be the most pathetic weakness a person could have.

     Lying is deeply rooted in fear, and people that lie are trapped in bondage to fear, whether rational or not.  A person who lies is afraid to deal with the immediate consequences from telling the truth.  What liars don't realize is that the truth will ultimately set them free from the bondage of fear. Telling the truth is completely liberating, removing an incredible weight off of the conscious, removing fear and relieving stress.

   
     Lying is an absolute destroyer of self and has the power to hurt others who are caught in its sticky web.  I have been hurt deeply by lies because I don't understand why they are being told to me by people who would otherwise say they love me.  When someone lies to me, I feel as though they are saying, "I don't respect you, I could care less about your feelings and basically you're a jerk!"  Also, "you are stupid enough to believe the lies I'm telling you, so you don't deserve to hear the truth!"  What really bothers me is, these people that lie are terrible at lying.  This one person was so bad at lying to me, that I finally told them how to lie better because their lying techniques were pathetic.  That still didn't help because they were far too ignorant to be able to comprehend what I was telling them.  No shocker there because if they possessed even a hint of intelligence they wouldn't lower themselves to lying.

     At any rate, I pity the people that are filled with fear and can't get out of that bondage.  I pray they can receive enlightenment so they can have peace in their life.  As for me, I'm trying to get a thicker skin.  Actually, I received a revelation which gave me peace in dealing with liars and that revelation was:  I don't have to trust anyone.  I only need to trust God.  If I truly trust Him, then I know he will not lead me astray.  No weapon, including lying, shall prosper against me!

No comments:

Post a Comment