Me and My Boys

Saturday, May 5, 2012

What Is The Real Battle?

     I've been in a state of recovery from drugs for over fifteen years, ever since I first went into a program to help me with the destructive behavior I was caught in.  Today I have close to two years of sobriety.  I've been through five or six programs, arrested multiple times, been jacked(mugged) several times, friends have died, ties have been severed and bridges have been burned.  Through all of this I have learned many lessons but most importantly I found out I couldn't accomplish anything without Jesus Christ.

     Hence the reason for this blog.  I left a recovery group recently because they didn't want anyone proclaiming their love and faith in any particular higher power as they believe some people have a hard time with religion and they don't want to scare people away that may be seeking sobriety.  I would like to say I understand their reasoning but I don't.  Not only that, but I don't want to be a part of any group that I have to conceal or hide my love for Jesus Christ.

    Part of the insidious nature of addiction is one's technique of hiding their addiction.  The very nature of deception will keep an addict an addict.  In order for me to be able to have the sobriety I have today, I had to change a lot of things about myself including lying and deception. I operate in total transparency with an attitude of gratitude and I'm able to give thanks and recognition to God for His Grace on me, giving me the strength to overcome an addiction that was leading me to death.

     So, I have a problem with recovery programs that emphasize a higher power other than yourself, just don't share your higher power with anyone because that may turn people off.  Let me see here, I can share my higher power, Jesus Christ, who only gives life and freedom from ALL bondage, or I can let people just continue to struggle in their bondage and die.  This one is a no-brainer and I will always share my love of Jesus Christ with anyone who is receptive!

     People who are in bondage to anything, drugs, sex, money, hate, death, aren't battling Jesus, Buddha, Allah, John Smith or any other higher power, they are battling satan, and only through Christ have we been given power over EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment