Me and My Boys

Sunday, May 13, 2012

To Get High Or Not To Get High, What Do You Want For Your Life?

     This post is not an endorsement for or against using drugs.  It is simply my first hand experiences and observations of drug use.

     Drugs, drugs, drugs.  People choose to use them for any number of reasons and there may be just as many reasons not to use them.  Any way you cut it, each person should make a sober decision when it comes to whether or not they will use drugs.

     I speak only from my experience.  I can not operate at an optimum level and use drugs at the same time.  It is not physically possible to operate at an optimum level while under the influence because the effects of drugs alter my mindset and my ability to reason properly.  This is one of the reasons why many people use drugs, to change their reality, however temporary that may be.

     I bought and sold marijuana and cocaine by the pound and ounces respectively, and I smoked as much as a half ounce everyday for a long time(23 years).  During that time, my intellect slowed considerably.  I lost focus of goals I wanted to achieve and I became lackadaisical in all my endeavors.  It was more fun for me to pursue the high and maintain it than it was for me to pursue life and enjoy it!  Shortly after my stint with marijuana I came across LSD, methamphetamine and cocaine and took a liking to cocaine.  My life at that time was fully absorbed in obtaining cocaine and maintaining the high that it gave me, at any cost.  Long story short, I lost almost everything that was important to me.  It took supernatural intervention for me to break the bondage of addiction and get another chance at life.  Today, I enjoy success in all I put my hand on, but that is because of God's grace on me, giving me the ability to abstain from drugs. (Close to two years of sobriety)

     It would be ludicrous to believe there are no successful drug users.  However, I know more people who are successful who've never used or have quit using drugs, than I do of people who get high consistently.  I would encourage you to set yourself above using drugs and realize the potential that is inside you!

No comments:

Post a Comment